Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teaching Kids to Be Entrepreneurs

I grew up as an intelligent kid and a bad student. In High School I had a C- average and a lot of fun. I was always good at math so I used to ignore my teachers and try  to see how well I could do on the quizzes by myself.

I was so naive that I was convinced that my poor grades would have no affect on my ability to get into a good college or university.

This experience gave me a unique perspective 20 years later when I found myself in Bridgeport, Connecticut teaching Reading and Writing to inner city 7th graders.

It soon became clear to me what I had intuitively known for years: "The educational system is not designed to create successful people; it is designed to create good employees."

I want to share with you a video from a TED Conference by Cameron Herold. Cameron touches upon that very subject as he talks about Raising Kids to be Entrepreneurs. Watch this video and then leave me a comment letting me know what you think.

PS - This is a "Must Watch" video if you are a parent, employee or entrepreneur

Tell me what you think...
I will be talking a lot about this topic in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment